Job Title: Quotations Specialist
Reports To: Director – Quotations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Coordinate with customers and sales team to provide project quotations in accordance with specifications and deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop lighting and controls quotations/bids in a timely manner.
- Ensure necessary documents are provided for accurate and bids.
- Must be comfortable reading fixture schedules and specifications and other construction documents.
- Must be comfortable with product lines we represent as well as others to ensure strategic and accurate proposals.
- Suggests alternative products and services as necessary, based on knowledge of product applications.
- Develop and continually expand a comprehensive understanding of the products being quoted.
- Communicate with customers to ensure expectations are met.
- Communicate with manufacturers to discuss product solutions, pricing requirements and general project needs.
- Coordinate with outside sales/spec sales team as required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills are required.
- Follow up on bids/buys expected.
- Participate in company trainings to enhance product knowledge.
- Maintain a good understanding of the market.
- Maintain a good understanding of the products we represent, how they fit into a pricing scheme, and how they function related to a specification.
- Attention to detail while thoroughly reviewing the specifications, and building quotes accordingly.
- Pro-active to plan ahead and prepare for bid day.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time, while answering phones/emails.
- Work under pressure with deadlines and handle them in a professional manner.
- Responsible for knowing how to pull/review submittals.
- Maintain an understanding on how to find a specific fixture when someone is not sure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in the Lighting Industry.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills.*
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive, upbeat attitude.*
- Proficient computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office products, and Dropbox. Willingness to learn proprietary software.*
- Ability to work independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team.*
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize & manage multiple projects and priorities.*
- Ability to consistently achieve superior results working in a fast-paced environment and under the pressure of tight time requirements.*
- Experience in providing answers that require the ability to understand technical information and details.*
- Technical aptitude to include the ability to read blueprints, schematics and reading a lighting schedule is a major plus.*
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Visual design software, and AGILE proprietary project management software.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Proficiency with technology
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Time management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.