Job Title: Outside Specification Salesperson
Department: Outside Specification Sales
Reports To: Outside Specification Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Develop lighting, controls, and shading specifications throughout our territory by providing technical assistance and service to customers; helping internal staff with advanced technical and application questions, job crosses, and budget prices by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Influence and assist Architects, Engineers, and Designers in project decisions with respect to product aesthetics, performance, cost, and maintenance. *
- Work with our manufacturer sales reps to promote new and existing products and market opportunities, trends, issues. *
- Educate and train the lighting community with new and existing products for all represented lines. *
- Receive and respond to calls and emails from specifiers (Architects, Engineers, and Designers). *
- Develop sales opportunities by building rapport, providing technical information, and application and/or project support. *
- Utilize experience in commercial lighting as a resource to know whom to contact for brand information and pricing. *
- Travel to trainings, special events, and trade shows as requested.*
- Other tasks as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in the Lighting Industry.
- Excellent communication skills. *
- Strong follow-up skills. *
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive, upbeat attitude. *
- Proficient computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office products, and Dropbox. Willingness to learn proprietary software. *
- Ability to work independently and work cooperatively as a member of a team. *
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize & manage multiple projects and priorities. *
- Ability to consistently achieve superior results working in a fast-paced environment and under the pressure of tight time requirements. *
- Experience in providing answers that require the ability to understand technical information and details. *
- Technical aptitude to include the ability to read blueprints, schematics and reading a lighting schedule is a major plus. *
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Visual design software, and AGILE proprietary project management software.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Proficiency with technology
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Time management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.