Job Title: Field Service Technician in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area
Illuminations, Inc. has an opening for a Field Service Technician in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. The Field Service Technician provides multi-brand, on-site technical support for all applicable products to end users, contractors, engineers, field technicians, and others. This role provides total system-level troubleshooting on all lighting controls equipment. Services include but are not limited to the startup of lighting controls systems, job walkthroughs, system programming, troubleshooting, and end-user training. Company vehicle is provided.
The ideal candidate is bright, technically proficient, customer-focused, and self-motivated. The individual must possess a professional demeanor, be results-oriented, and demonstrate excellent technical and communication skills.
Illuminations, Inc. is a manufacturer’s representative in the Eastern PA, New Jersey, Delaware and the New York Metropolitan territories. As a leader in our market for 34 years, Illuminations, Inc. employs approximately 125 employees and is headquartered in West Chester, PA.
Our innovative lighting solutions cover both conventional fixtures and advanced solid-state technology that can seamlessly integrate with powerful digital controls and daylighting to create greater energy efficiencies and a higher quality of light.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or completion of an Industrial Electrician Program from a qualified technical school.
- Two years in role with demonstrated skill preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- Highly organized and able to function in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
- Process-oriented and creative problem solver
- Computer networking skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting lighting and lighting controls systems.
- Experience troubleshooting electrical systems and the use of electrical diagnostic equipment such as multimeters and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to read and understand electrical plans, specifications, and installation documents.
- Understanding of DMX protocol.
Other Key Responsibilities
- When not at customer sites, responsibilities include providing remote technical support via phone and email to internal and external customers.
- Maintain customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- Maintain daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conduct root cause analyses that will lead to effective problem solving.
- Interface with electrical contractors, users, other integrators (ex. BACnet, building management systems).
- Assist other Field Technicians on basic to intermediate troubleshooting and technical fixes and may take on additional responsibilities as needed.