Job Title: Field Service Technician
Reports To: Director of Technical Applications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Startup of lighting controls systems, job walkthroughs, system programming, troubleshooting, and end-user training.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- When not at customer sites, responsibilities include providing remote technical support via phone and email to internal and external customers.
- Maintain customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- Maintain daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Utilize the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conduct root cause analyses that will lead to effective problem solving.
- Interface with electrical contractors, users, other integrators (ex. BACnet, building management systems).
- Assist other Field Technicians on basic to intermediate troubleshooting and technical fixes and may take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential function.
- 1. Strong mechanical aptitude. Two years in a role with demonstrated skill preferred.
- Highly organized and able to function in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy-to-understand manner
- Process-oriented and creative analytical person
- Computer networking skills
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting lighting and lighting controls systems.
- Experience troubleshooting electrical systems and the use of electrical diagnostic equipment such as multimeters and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to read and understand electrical plans, specifications, and installation documents.
- Understanding of DMX protocol.
Language Ability: Ability to communicate to customers both verbally and written in an easy to understand, professional and friendly demeanor. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent, Vocational training, technical school, and/or associate degree in an Industrial Electrical program desired but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Proficiency with technology
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Time management skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move, use hands, talk, and hear. The employee is often required to drive, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.